The MBA (Computing – with Specialisations) combines the latest in management theory and practice with up-to-date content from the most highly regarded industry certifications in IT governance, IT quality management, IT service management, project management and digital marketing.
This course was developed in recognition of the need for managerial staff to keep their technical knowledge current in order to manage complex systems in modern business settings. Applicants for management and C-Level roles who have a specialised MBA stand out from their competitors.
These courses are a unique partnership between CSU and IT Masters with 50% of the content delivered by our outstanding academic lecturers and 50% delivered by industry-based experts. So you are at the forefront of learning whilst also receiving an AQF-accredited postgraduate qualification through Charles Sturt University. You can find the CSU course page here.
Upon completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate and apply advanced knowledge of current and emerging trends in the management discipline, including the areas of human resource management, strategic management, risk management, IT service quality management, and project management;
- critically analyse and evaluate contemporary management theories in the context of professional practice;
- apply contemporary management practice in a variety of contexts at both the operational and strategic levels;
- critically evaluate contemporary human resource management issues in the context of professional practice
- apply specialised IT knowledge and skills in a management context;
- develop the skills and knowledge needed to prepare for a range of international industry certifications in IT Service Management and IT Governance;
- employ research skills that apply to the executive management discipline in a professional context; and
- demonstrate application of knowledge and skills through a capstone experience.