As a graduate of the Graduate Certificate of Cloud Computing and Virtualisation, you’ll have the specialised skills and knowledge to transition into managerial roles in cloud computing in Australia and overseas. You could work as a cloud architect, cloud designer, network designer or cloud security specialist, or establish your own consultancy.
Upon completion of the course graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate and apply advanced knowledge of current trends in areas such as network administration, virtualisation, cloud security, and cloud-based networking architectures;
- investigate and critically reflect on emerging IT networking developments, particularly those that relate to cloud computing and virtualisation;
- apply appropriate technical skills and critical thinking techniques to solve complex computer networking problems using virtualisation and cloud-computing design principles and technologies;
- conduct a risk assessment on the deployment of corporate data to the cloud and to recommend appropriate procedural and technical controls to ensure security;
- effectively communicate cloud computing and virtualisation concepts and solutions to people across an organisation, from end-users to upper management;
- employ research skills relevant to the practice of cloud computing and virtualisation within a professional context; and
- demonstrate application of knowledge and skills through a capstone experience.